The Employability and Skills Programme (ESP) supports an inclusive economy in the North of Tyne area by enabling good quality and locally tailored employment support interventions that will add value to existing support for unemployed and economically inactive residents. This programme comes to an end on 31 December 2023.
The Programme is match funded by the NTCA Investment Fund and the European Social Fund (ESF), and consists of four projects as follows:
- Diversity NE, delivered by the North East Autism Society (NEAS), supports people who are neurodivergent or have a learning need to increase their economic engagement and improve their prospects of obtaining and progressing in employment.
- Get Ahead North of Tyne, delivered by Changing Lives, provides tailored support to people with multiple and complex barriers to move into job search and/or gain employment.
- Northern Directions, delivered by Groundwork NE and Cumbria, supports not in employment, education or training (NEET) young people aged to move into employment, and provides them with learning and development opportunities.
- North East Skills Hub (Build NE), delivered by Gateshead College, supports long-term unemployed/economically inactive people to tackle barriers to work, concentrating on engineering & manufacturing technologies and construction & built environment.
All projects are members of the relevant Employment Partnership however they are closing to new referrals as follows:
- Diversity NE stopped taking referrals on 14 July 2023
- Get Ahead North of Tyne and Northern Directions close to referrals on 30 September 2023
- North East Skills Hub’s last enrolment date for a six week course is 6 November 2023
If you have any queries or would like any further information about this project, please contact Nicola Dunn, NTCA Inclusive Economy Project Manager: email@example.com