In delivering Scaleup North East, RTC North has developed a robust delivery model that will address challenges faced by North of Tyne and Gateshead businesses. This incorporates:
- Accessing the right finance through Scaleup Partners’ own personal networks of investors and finance providers e.g North Star Ventures, NEL, Boost, SME Capital, Tosca and private banks to raise £3 million external investment. Since 2018 RTC North advisors have also supported businesses to raise over £400million in external finance.
- Accessing specialist knowledge & skills. Focusing on talent acquisition to find the right people fill their skills gaps using recruitment agencies such as Concept Personnel and Jackson Hogg Leadership & Management. RTC North is a CMI-accredited centre delivering bespoke leadership and management training on a one-to one and one-to many basis
- Embracing regional diversity: Recognising one shoe does not fit all, tailoring the support to each individual business.
This coaching and mentoring will be delivered via a mix of one-to-one and one-to-many interventions by highly experienced and well-respected individuals (the Scaleup Partners) who have faced these challenges themselves through scaling their own businesses. Business joining the programme will be assessed to determine they meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Meets North of Tyne Combined Authority definition of scaling or high-growth as set out in the ITT
- Based in Gateshead, Newcastle, North Tyneside or Northumberland
- Demonstrates ambition and attributes to scale
Businesses selected onto the programme will be offered bespoke account-managed diagnostic and action-planning support by RTC North Scaleup Partners. More information is available on the Scaleup North East website.
This project is funded by the UK government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund.