In a one-off series of five interviews, Sarah will be sticking to a single theme and talking to members of the North East COVID-19 Economic Response Group about what support is available in the region to help businesses and individuals.
In this final episode she speaks to Rob Hamilton, Interim Head of Investment for the North of Tyne Combined Authority, about:
- In what ways the North East COVID-19 Economic Response Group is looking to the future post-Coronavirus.
- The rapid strategic scenario planning that is underway and what this means.
- What the worst and best scenarios look like and what Rob thinks is likely for the North East.
- The expected impact on the people of the North East of COVID-19.
- Who the North East COVID-19 Economic Response Group is working with to implement the plan for rapid and sustainable recovery.
- How this work impacts the regional economic strategies that were already in place through the Combined Authorities and North East LEP’s Strategic Economic Plan.
- How the Group is engaging with Government and other key stakeholders.
- How Rob switches off and manages his mental health and resilience at this stressful time.