In a one-off series of five interviews, Sarah will be sticking to one theme and talking to members of the North East COVID-19 Economic Response Group about what support is available in the region to help businesses.
In this third episode she speaks to Michelle Rainbow, skills director at the North East LEP* and the Group’s people and employment lead, about:
- What the North East COVID-19 Economic Response Group is doing to help keep people in employment.
- Whether it’s possible to get a true handle on the level of unemployment in the North East at the moment.
- The latest Government measures to support the business community and whether regional business owners are taking these up.
- The Group’s plans to redeploy staff with transferable skills.
- Where employers and employees in the region can go for help and advice right now.
- What success looks like for the North East COVID-19 Economic Response Group and its partners.
- The existing Skills programme of activity at the North East LEP.
- What gives Michelle confidence that when the time comes, the North East will be ready to bounce back.