In a one-off series of five interviews, Sarah will be sticking to a single theme and talking to members of the North East COVID-19 Economic Response Group about what support is available in the region to help businesses and individuals.
In this penultimate episode she speaks to Alan Welby, Innovation Director at the North East LEP,* about:
- His role within the North East COVID-19 Economic Response Group.
- How the Group is maximising support to the economy and promoting immediate resilience.
- Ways in which the Group is facilitating ways for businesses to maintain capacity and reshape activity.
- Plans to mobilise and accelerate partners in the region to solve new problems.
- How current activity fits with the innovation work already underway at the North East LEP.
- Why it’s important to promote innovation right now.
- What success looks like with regards to the work of the North East COVID-19 Economic Response Group.
- What one thing keeps Alan feeling optimistic for the future.
To stay up to date with Alan, you can follow his Twitter handle @Alan_Welby. More information is available on the North East COVID-19 Economic Response Group page and via the North East Growth Hub website. The survey Alan mentioned can be completed here.
If you’d like to feature on future episodes, contact Sarah Waddington on 07702 162 704 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.